27 June 2013

Embrace the Shock

Heya all!
Today's gonna be a short post including my try on typography.
It didn't turn out as good as I expected it to be, but I didn't have much inspiration this week, so, unfortunately, it is what it is.





So, this is it.
I wish I could've done it better, but it's good as it'll get.
The important note on this one that I didn't use just my Photoshop skills to do it, but writing skills, as well. Most of the words represent what Photoshop means to me and I can easily say that it has changed my view on life.
I see Photoshop as a non stop way of improving, you'll never know everything and just like in real life, all you can do is learn, experiment, express yourself and do that over and over again.
The wave represents that the technique will always be the same, but it's on you to make up new ways,  may they be good or bad, they're still ways and you're still learning.

That's what I feel about my work, but it hasn't been that tough to make it, though.
I just generated a sine wave, arranged the words so they could fit in and make the shape of a sinusoid and applied some effects. I messed around with the effects for quite a while, because I was never satisfied, so I chose this one in the end.
As always, I had troubles with the background, but I stumbled upon a mix of paper and concrete textures, so I put those into play.
And that's pretty much it, I hope you've liked this week's post, if you've got any questions or anything like that, be sure to ask them in the comments below.

Thanks for reading,
Shocklove <3

No comments:

Post a Comment