19 January 2014

Logo

Hi!

Today, I'll be taking a look at logos, what they are used for and where you can find them.
Logos are those simple graphics that are used for representing companies, organizations and such.





Even though they look simple, they can hide a lot of work behind them. They aren't just a bunch of lines put together neatly, but hide the author's creativity and wit. It's one of the most difficult and most important areas of graphic design.




Logos might seem pretty new, but they are dating all the way back since 2300 BCE in various shapes and sizes like coins, watermarks and even coats of arms.
One of the first logos that were trademarked is the Bass' red triangle in 1876.




Designing a logo isn't a simple thing, there's a lot to think about while making a logo, so you should plan ahead before making one, because one logo can be easily remembered if it's good. Because of their simple nature, many people know logos, even though they haven't bothered remembering them, they just got stuck in there.

Today we've even got games revolving around that idea. And might I add that they can be very frustrating.


"I know I've seen it somewhere, but I don't know what it is."

I, as well, have tried my best in designing a logo for my blog, and I can assure you it wasn't an easy task at all.


Deciding what I want to make, keeping in mind that it would have to represent me, or just my name, and be as original as I can get, was a heavy load for me. I've even tried animating it, but this is what I've come up with, hope you like it as much as I do!

I might talk more detailed about some logos, so see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment